Inter-school sport will now run as a GALA DAY across five full Wednesdays in Terms 1-3 to improve competition in both competitive and recreational sports.
An advantage of the Gold Coast 6 (GC6) model is that we are able to have multiple teams across all sports, which maximises our student participation. Elanora competes against Benowa,Merrimac, PBC, Robina and Pacific Pines State High Schools in the inter-school sport competition.
- Every student is expected to participate in an activity on the gala days.
- Please discuss the sport options with your student taking into account costs etc, so they can make an informed decision.
- Please note there will be limited opportunity to change sport.
Selection options are:
GC6 Inter-school Sport COMPETITIVE Division
- Focused on competitive sports (results, tables, draws)
- Winner of Division 1 goes through to World of Sport Gold Coast crossover finals
- Governing body to referee some Division 1 games
- Unlimited number of teams can participate
- Nil Cost.
GC6 Inter-school Sport RECREATION Division:
- Non-competitive environment – but still playing against other schools
- Focused on participation and enjoyment
- Winner does not go through to crossover finals but a winner is still awarded
- Teachers or coaches to officiate
- Cost dependant on the activity payable before the first gala day in Week 7 of Term 1
|Sport||Gender||Total Cost for 5 days|
|Tenpin Bowling||Male/Female||$90 (pay at student services)|
|Snooker||Male/Female||$50 (pay at student services)|
School Based RECREATIONAL Activities
- Students rotate through four activities per sport day available to all year groups.
- Cost: Nil
Activities may include:
- Maths games
- Literacy games
- available to Year 12 students only
Responsible Service of Alcohol Certificate
- available to Year 11 and 12 students only