In 2017 Elanora became an Independent Public School affording the local community more input into school directing and decision making. As an IPS school the school council was established. The purpose of the school council is to provide strategic advice to the Executive Principal including approving the strategic planning.
Under this initiative, the school council must consist of elected parents, staff and student members. The Principal and P&C President are official members of the council. The council may also appoint a maximum of two industry / community members that have knowledge and experience that assist the council to perform its functions and reflect the local community context.
2021 School Council Members:
- Cameron Hodges Principal : Official Member
- Tamra Murray : P&C Representative
- Sarah MItchell : Parent Representative
- Brian Woodham : Teaching Representative
- Sue Hudson : Community Representative
- Kurt Foessel : Community Representative (Chair)
- Rodd Gapp : Community Representative (Proxy)
- Bradley Litchfield (2021 Leadership Team): Student Member