All students are expected to attend school every day in line with the Elanora SHS Attendance Policy and Education (General Provisions) Act 2006, but we know sometimes this is impossible.
Full Day Absence
Where possible, a Parent/Guardian should notify the school of the reason for their child’s absence on the day of the absence before their first period (7.50 early start, 9.00 all others). There are several options on how to report an absence.
- Phone: Call the school on 5568 4333 and press 1 to report an absence. Provide student name, year level, date and reason for absence.
example: Tom Smith, Year 9, today, sick
example: Beth Jones, Year 11, Wednesday 2/02/2020, sick
- QParents: Use the Attendance Tab on the left side to notify the school of an absence or provide a reason for a previous absence.
- Students must sign in at Student Services in the administration building before going to class no matter what time they arrive, including during break times.
- Details are recorded and a late slip is issued. Students are required to present a signed note from their parent/guardian with reason for lateness.
- If a student does not use this procedure, they are recorded as absent on all class rolls prior to their time of arrival.
- Students without a note and valid reason are issued with a detention.
- Students must present a signed note from their parent/guardian to Student Services in the morning to have a leave pass issued.
- All student notes need to include the following information:
- Student's name
- Reason for absence
- Parent/Guardian’s signature and contact number
- Students are not to walk out of the school without first picking up their early leave pass from Student Services. Otherwise they will be considered as an unexplained absence from school.
- Parents are asked to try to organise medical appointments for out-of-school hours where possible, to minimise disruption to the student’s learning. It is not appropriate to use sport afternoons for appointments.