Statement of Purpose
We are committed to creating a caring, friendly learning environment, where students can strive to attain a broad educational foundation for life and achieve their individual potential in a dynamic global community.
We achieve these through the provision of:
- a quality educational product for the wider Elanora community
- a well maintained, state-of-the-art learning facility
- a personalised learning experience.
Junior Secondary Focus
- Developing our literacy, numeracy and technology skills to enhance future success
- Developing creative, reflective, resilient, respectful, aspirational, wellmannered and capable adolescents
- Developing a clear aspirational, achieveable career plan for every student
Senior Secondary Focus
- Consolidating the skills required for a 21st Century learner
- Developing globally aware, responsible, productive members of society
- Enacting an aspirational, achievealbe career plan supported by a QCE
Our school community values
- Respect for people, property and believes
- Cultural diversity and an international perspective
- Quality feedback
- Effective communication and collaboration
- Effort for excellence
- Caring relationships
- Our partnership with the wider Elanora community
Our classrooms are characterised by
- A safe and supportive learning environment
- Quality feedback
- Cooperation amongst all class members
- High expectations for all
- Adherence to the ESHS Teaching and Learning Framework
- Effective use of resources and technology
- Respect for all class members and oneself
We are a Positive Education School
We believe that wellbeing should be at the heart of education. Positive education brings the science of positive psychology together with best teaching practices to support the flourishing of individuals and institutions.
We are a registered Happy School.
We will be a Positive Behaviour 4 Learning School from 2020.